<Background and Purpose>
Periodic review of defense informatization tasks and feedbacks.
◎The Ministry of National Defense establishes the Defense Informatization
Master Plan, the highest level policy document in the field of defense
informatization to provide the basis and guidelines for securing financial
resources for informatization policies and mid- to long-term planning.
- It is important to review and analyze its performance according to the
implementation direction presented in the master plan.
◎ Based on the policy tasks of the Master Plan for Defense Informatization, this
article systematically analyzes the annual performance and the adequacy of its
budget to suggest improvement directions.
Analysis of the performance results of the Defense Informatization Master Plan and deduction of tasks for each core technology area.
◎ Assess the performance of defense informatization policy tasks.
- Present performance analysis process for planning, execution/review, evaluation, feedback stages.
- Analyze performance goals for each execution strategy, and define/measure
key performance indicators.
◎ Develop and apply the methodology for defense informatization investment
- As a means of analyzing and managing defense informatization investment
by type, analyze the defense informatization implementation plan project
(2016~2021) and the overall defense informatization budget (2021) in
accordance with the code system.
◎ Derive the tasks for the next master plan based on the four technologies of
- Data: Data management system and cloud environment, etc.
- Network: Building a mobile environment for defense and an integrated
- AI: Establishing a defense AI system, and nurturing AI experts
- Cybersecurity: Enhancing cyberspace security, and upgrading cybersecurity